Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not Thinking About Bees

A thick blanket of snow has covered the ground since the beginning of December.



We even missed a few days of work. Children got three days off school. They weren't sad. Neither was I.

The bees are wrapped in their hives, snug as bugs in a rug.


The queens will finally get a vacation. They certainly deserve one.

Santa and his reindeer have come and gone.


We've eaten a lot of turkey.

Christmas trees have been taken down.

The fireworks are done, the champange sipped.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

The over-eating is finally easing down. The scales have not.... +++ I'll deal with that later.

Things are slowing down--not really but I remain hopeful--and now I have time to devote to other things.

I don't have to think about bees every hour of every day. I can take my mind off them. I can think of other things. I can do other things. Like deciding where I will hang the crochet bee that a friend gave me for Christmas.

Like redecorating the bathroom with an aquamarine theme...












using this glass honey dish.







Later I'll relax with some knitting. Maybe I'll make a vest or a scarf using this lovely pattern....






Before bed I'll relax and have a milk and honey bath.
















Finally I'll have time to catch up on some reading. Something like this....






a book about how business would be so much better organized if only we copied the bees. I agree.







By the time I'm done all these things it'll practically be spring.







Then I'll have to start thinking about bees again.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I sure hope your healthy bees survive this cold, cold winter. It has even been cold here in N. Alabama. I just wanted you to know that I still read your blog.

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

Hi Kat. Thanks for dropping by. I visit your blog too :)