Saturday, August 20, 2011

We Can Stay ...for a while longer

Whew!

We met with the city and they were very supportive.  What a relief.  And a surprise.  I hope it's a sign of changing times.

The old buildings will be demolished and at some point a company will buy the land and build a factory on the site.  It'll be sad to see the landscape change but it's hard to argue when a new industry will create jobs for our city.

In the mean time we can stay.  At least until the end of this year.  After that, we'll have to see.

We've been given more time.  Time to explore other possible sites.

Now I can get back to obsessing about my bees.

2 comments:

Tim E said...

That must be so upsetting. I feel bad for you. It must be very stressful to have to find a new bee yard, I know it was for me finding mine!

Good luck!

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

Thanks for your comment Tim. It has been stressful. I always thought the hard part would be the bees so this other stuff is a surprise. But it has motivated us to have more than one yard. That way we'll have a second place to go if this happens again.