Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Truck Smells.... Really Nice!

I love getting into the truck these days. I'm finding it's an olfactory delight. The smell inside the truck brings memories of happy times and relaxation and a hobby that I'm just loving.

A few years back I needed to take on a part-time job in addition to my full-time job to make ends meet. I went to college at night to take Aesthetics. I loved it and made some great friends. I opened a salon in my home and welcomed customers for acrylic nails, manicures, pedicures and facials. I also took an aromatherapy course. This is where we studied the benefits of essential oils and how to blend them to help people.

Aromatherapy is all about the olfactory senses - often a scent will bring memories with it, not always good ones unfortunately, but our sense of smell is uniquely tied to memories.

What's really interesting is how it's different for everyone. Some people would find the smell of cow manure offensive but for me it reminds me of my favourite place and that was my grandparents dairy farm. The smells of the farm, hay, manure, etc., evoke fond memories and warm feelings.

Now I hope you are wondering what on earth my truck smells like? Well, after my smoker goes out I keep it in the truck so that it won't get (a) stolen and (b) wet from rain. Often the cab smells like a campfire. That alone brings very fond memories of camping with my family all over the world. But lately the smell has gotten even richer. Why do you ask? Because underneath it all, underneath the like smoke smell is a sweet smell. It's the smell of honey and wax emanating from my clothing and tools. It's a wonderful mixture that I would just love to bottle so I can spray it every where.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Sincerely yours